The meaning of Kawaii has gone beyond its original sense. It is no longer just a word that means “cute,” “pretty” or “adorable” in Japanese. Kawaii is now considered a global phenomenon because of its great influence in art, fashion, beauty and even food. It is not just an appreciation for all things cute and fun but also a way of looking at the world in a happy and positive light. Kawaii is a culture enjoyed by many people from all over the world including the Philippines.
In 2013, the ultimate kawaii experience was brought to the Philippines through “Kawaii in Manila” – a kawaii lifestyle workshop filled with a variety of kawaii-related activities. Following the success of the workshop, the Kawaii PH team decided to take the ultimate kawaii experience to a whole new level by staging the first ever Kawaii convention in the country this September 6, 2014 – Kawaii in Manila 2.
- To be the frontrunner in bringing the best kawaii experience in the Philippines by producing the first kawaii convention with the supervision and support from Japan.
- Promote the interest in kawaii culture and unite and build a network of kawaii culture enthusiasts.
- Bring not only the Kawaii but also the Cool Japan experience through various entertaining and engaging activities that will help event goers appreciate the Japanese culture more.
Kawaii Convention Updates
- April 19, 2014: Create a more “kawaii-fied” Kawaii in Manila 2 poster using your favorite deco apps / photoshop!
- April 20, 2014: To all interested partners (brand sponsors, merchants, exhibitors, artists, creatives, musicians, designers, etc.), help us build our database of all things kawaii by sending your contact details using the form @ www.convention.kawaii.ph/form
We will be updating this post from time to time!
Thank you for supporting Kawaii Philippines & Kawaii in Manila 2!