Interested applicants to the 2014 J-pop Anime Sing and Dance Contest may still submit their entries until June 27, 2014.
The contest is open to all amateur singers and dancers of all ages. Applicants may choose from the following categories:
- Participants may perform solo or form a singing group not exceeding 4 members.
- Participants may choose any J-pop or anime songs in Japanese by a Japanese artist for their performance.
- Participants for the singing category may choose one of the following performance set-ups:
- The participant may play a musical instrument, or 2) perform a cappella, or 3) perform with a minus-one musical background. Only soundtracks from original CDs will be allowed. We reserve the right to disqualify entries that use pirated musical accompaniment.
- Dance groups must consist of 5 members.
- Participants may choose any J-pop or anime songs in Japanese by a Japanese artist for their performance. Only soundtracks from original CDs will be allowed. We reserve the right to disqualify entries that use pirated musical accompaniment.
Interested participants must submit the following:
- Duly-accomplished J-pop Anime Sing and Dance Contest application form. The application form and contest rules are available at the Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC) Library and may be downloaded from the Embassy of Japan website: www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp.
- Individual/group photo.
- Short write-up about the performer/s.
- A detailed description of the chosen song (i.e. artist, title and lyrics).
- Demo CD containing two Japanese songs by the participant/s (for the singing category).
- Demo CD with recorded video performance (for the dance category).
All the requirements may be submitted personally or via courier to
JICC, Embassy of Japan, 2627 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City
Chosen finalists will compete in the J-pop Anime Sing and Dance Contest Grand Finals on July 19, 2014 (Sat) from 1 to 5 pm at the SM Cinema Centerstage, SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City.
The 2014 J-Pop Anime Sing and Dance Contest is organized by the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines in cooperation with the Japan Foundation Manila, and supported by Ajinomoto Philippines Corporation, Animation International Licensing, Phils., Canon Information Technologies Philippines, Inc., Canon Marketing (Philippines) Inc., Center for Pop Music Philippines Inc., HERO TV, Japan Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Philippines Inc., Nihongo Center Foundation, Inc., Panasonic Philippines Corporation, SM Cinema, SM Lifestyle Entertainment, Inc., Sony Philippines, Inc., Systema Tooth and Gum Care, Toei Animation Phils., Inc., Toshiba Philippines, Inc., UNIQLO Philippines, Yakult Philippines, Inc. and Yoshinoya.
For more details, please visit www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 551-5710 local 2311 or 2312.