Hi, everyone! ♥ We teamed up with Daiso Japan PH to bring you a series of simple and easy Kawaii-fy Your Life Projects this month! The first DIY project will surely bring light and warmth into your dark and cold days (and remind you of oh-so-near-yet-so-far summertime): Pastel Mermaid Candle Jars!
♥ MATERIALS ♥
- Daiso mason jars (we used aquamarine-colored jars for an underwater-feel!)
- Daiso decorative pebbles (white and pastel blue)
- Daiso lace tape
- Daiso pastel-colored mixed sea shells
- Daiso sakura-scented tea light candles
- (optional) Daiso flameless tea light candles (battery operated)
- Daiso tweezers
- Daiso wooden coffee tray
♥ PROCEDURE ♥
- Put some strips of lace tape at the lower part of the jar to decorate it. Lace tape is very easy to use since it has its own adhesives! You may also use different kinds of ribbons or other embellishments for this part.
2. Pour some decorative pebbles inside the jars. We used two colors for the pebbles, white and blue, and layered them inside for added affect. Don’t put too much pebbles, or we won’t have room for the candle + flame height. You can use a spoon to remove some of the pebbles if you put too much. The pebbles should only take about less than 1/3 of the jar.
3. Remove the shells from the packaging and arrange them in front of you according to size and color, so you will have an easier time in choosing which shells to put inside the jars. If possible, choose the flatter shells instead of the more curved ones, since they will be the base of the candle and they need to be able to hold the candle as steady as possible. With that in mind, arrange the shells inside the jars according to your liking using the tweezers.
4. Now for the light! ♥ You may either use real tea light candles, or, non-flame battery-operated candles if you don’t wish to use real flames in your room. For this one, we’ll use real tea light candles, especially since we found these amazing sakura-scented ones! Summer with a hint of spring~ ♥
Take out two candles, then use the tweezers to pluck up the wick of the candle. This will make it easier to light the candle later.
Tip: You can decorate the candle tin containers with Daiso washi tapes! ♥
With the tweezers holding the wick of the candle, carefully place it inside the jar.
Do it for the other jar too!
5. Almost there! ♥ Now, place the 2 jars on the wooden coffee tray.
Using the leftover pebbles and shells, decorate the tray~ ♥
Ta-daaa~! ♥ We’re finished!
Now, light the candles for some sakura-scented goodness~♥ (be careful! Use a long matchstick if you have any, or a long thin strip of cardboard)
Hope you liked this Kawaii PH x Daiso Japan DIY project! <3 Stay tuned for more DIY projects from us!
We’d love to see your take on this DIY project too! And guess what, YOU MAY WIN PRIZES from Daiso Japan if you do it too! See the mechanics here:
|Daiso Japan Materials Used||30%|
|Audience Impact (Photo Likes)||20%|
-1st Prize: P 1,500
-2nd Prize: P 1,000
-3rd Prize: P 500
8. Announcement of winners: March 6, 2017
DAISO JAPAN is the no. 1 supplier of living ware goods, more popularly known for its 100 yen stores in Japan. But as part of its continuous innovation, Daiso Japan has started to develop items that offer more variety and quality to customers at 200 yen, 1,000 yen and so on.
DAISO JAPAN is one of the retail formats operated by Robinsons Retail Holdings Inc. which holds the exclusive sub-license to sell authentic Daiso merchandise from Japan and operates the legitimate Daiso Japan store concept in the Philippines. It offers a wide assortment of unique products – from home and kitchen ornaments, office knick-knacks, and beauty essentials to curious merchandise that are both practical and collectible. Prices start at P88.
Like and follow us online:
Check out any of our 59 stores nationwide:
|Robinsons Place Manila|
|Robinsons Metro East|
|Robinsons Place Calasiao|
|The District Mall Imus|
|Robinsons Place Malabon|
|Robinsons Place Palawan|
|Robinsons Place Bacolod|
|Robinsons Townville Meycauayan|
|Robinsons Place Cagayan De Oro|
|Robinsons Place Iloilo|
|Ayala Center Cebu|
|Robinsons Place Malolos|
|Robinsons Place Butuan|
|Abreeza Mall Davao|
|Robinsons Place Tacloban|
|Robinsons Place Roxas|
|Robinsons Place Isabela|
|Robinsons Place Tacloban|
|Robinsons Place Antipolo|
|il CENTRO Mall (Sta. Lucia Mall)|
|Robinsons Place Las Piñas|
|Robinsons Supermarket The District Dasmariñas|
|Robinsons Place Imus|
|Robinsons Townsville Buhay na Tubig, Imus Cavite|
|Robinsons Supermarket BF Parañaque|
|Robinsons Starmills Pampanga|
|Solenad 3, Nuvali|
|Ayala Mall Serin, Tagaytay|
|IBA Town Center, Zambales|
|CB Mall, Pangasinan|
|Robinsons Galleria Cebu|
|Harbor Point Mall, Subic|
|Robinsons Townville Regalado|
|Robinsons Place Tagum, Davao|
|Madison Galeries, Alabang|
|Xentro Mall, Calapan|
|Ban-Yan Center, Talavera|
|Starmall, Talisay Cebu|
|Robinsons Place Antique|
|Robinsons Place Ilocos|
|Robinsons Place General Trias|
|Robinsons Place Lipa|
|Robinsons Place Jaro|
|One Mall, Valenzuela|
|Ayala Southpark, Alabang|
|Pacific Mall, Lucena|
SOON-TO-OPEN: UP TOWN CENTER