Hello! For our fourth and last Kawaii PH x Daiso Japan Kawaii-fy DIY Project, we’ll do two DIYs since they’re pretty easy! We’ll be creating an accessory board AND a memo-pen holder out of Daiso products! ♥
♥ MATERIALS ♥
- Daiso fancy photo frame
- Daiso cork board (wooden frames carefully removed with cutter)
- Daiso lace tape
- Daiso colorful magnets
- Daiso multipurpose tin can/pot
- Daiso push pins (long pins like the antique ones)
- Scissors, double sided tape, marker
- Small memos/notes, bracelets, keys
♥ PROCEDURE ♥
First, let’s do the Accessory Board!
- Take the fancy photo frame and detach the back panel.
2. Use the back panel to trace the frame’s shape onto the cork board sheet. Use a marker when tracing because pencil marks won’t be visible on the brown cork sheet.
3. Carefully cut the cork board around 1 cm. inside the mark.
4. Decorate the cut cork board using the lace tape.
We measured 1.5 inch from the top and bottom edge, to make sure that the lace tape won’t be hidden behind the frame.
5. Remove the glass part from the frame very carefully.
6. Replace the glass with the cork board face-first.
7. Put the back panel of the frame back to its original place.
Flip it over and tadaa~ you have a beautifully-framed cork board!
8. Lastly, place 3 push pins on the top part of the cork surface, just below the lace tape.
We used long push pins to produce a gap between the board and the pin even though the pin is already secured tightly to the board.
And we’re done with the accessory board! You may now hang your favorite bracelets, keychains, necklaces, and more!
Next, we’ll do the Memo-Pen Holder!
- Take the multipurpose tin pot and decorate the base with lace tape.
2. Put more decorations as you wish! Here, we used some crocheted flowers we made using Daiso yarn. We also put a Daiso clip-on flower to add more cuteness!
3. Use the colorful magnets to stick on notes and memos on the tin pot.
Since we only used tape to stick the flowers on, we can freely move them when we stick notes on.
View from the side! You may put more decors and notes all around the tin pot as you wish.
And we’re done! <3
We hope you enjoyed this series of DIY projects! And there’s still time to recreate them for a chance to win GCs from Daiso Japan! Check out the mechanics below:
Kawaii PH x Daiso Japan GIVEAWAY
|Daiso Japan Materials Used||30%|
|Audience Impact (Photo Likes)||20%|
-1st Prize: P 1,500
-2nd Prize: P 1,000
-3rd Prize: P 500
8. Announcement of winners: March 6, 2017
DAISO JAPAN is the no. 1 supplier of living ware goods, more popularly known for its 100 yen stores in Japan. But as part of its continuous innovation, Daiso Japan has started to develop items that offer more variety and quality to customers at 200 yen, 1,000 yen and so on.
DAISO JAPAN is one of the retail formats operated by Robinsons Retail Holdings Inc. which holds the exclusive sub-license to sell authentic Daiso merchandise from Japan and operates the legitimate Daiso Japan store concept in the Philippines. It offers a wide assortment of unique products – from home and kitchen ornaments, office knick-knacks, and beauty essentials to curious merchandise that are both practical and collectible. Prices start at P88.
Like and follow us online:
Check out any of our 59 stores nationwide:
|Robinsons Place Manila|
|Robinsons Metro East|
|Robinsons Place Calasiao|
|The District Mall Imus|
|Robinsons Place Malabon|
|Robinsons Place Palawan|
|Robinsons Place Bacolod|
|Robinsons Townville Meycauayan|
|Robinsons Place Cagayan De Oro|
|Robinsons Place Iloilo|
|Ayala Center Cebu|
|Robinsons Place Malolos|
|Robinsons Place Butuan|
|Abreeza Mall Davao|
|Robinsons Place Tacloban|
|Robinsons Place Roxas|
|Robinsons Place Isabela|
|Robinsons Place Tacloban|
|Robinsons Place Antipolo|
|il CENTRO Mall (Sta. Lucia Mall)|
|Robinsons Place Las Piñas|
|Robinsons Supermarket The District Dasmariñas|
|Robinsons Place Imus|
|Robinsons Townsville Buhay na Tubig, Imus Cavite|
|Robinsons Supermarket BF Parañaque|
|Robinsons Starmills Pampanga|
|Solenad 3, Nuvali|
|Ayala Mall Serin, Tagaytay|
|IBA Town Center, Zambales|
|CB Mall, Pangasinan|
|Robinsons Galleria Cebu|
|Harbor Point Mall, Subic|
|Robinsons Townville Regalado|
|Robinsons Place Tagum, Davao|
|Madison Galeries, Alabang|
|Xentro Mall, Calapan|
|Ban-Yan Center, Talavera|
|Starmall, Talisay Cebu|
|Robinsons Place Antique|
|Robinsons Place Ilocos|
|Robinsons Place General Trias|
|Robinsons Place Lipa|
|Robinsons Place Jaro|
|One Mall, Valenzuela|
|Ayala Southpark, Alabang|
|Pacific Mall, Lucena|
SOON-TO-OPEN: UP TOWN CENTER